tagged by :iconThatRandomSpriter:
Rules:1. Write the rules in the journal entry if you are tagged.
2. Write 13 things about yourself.
3. Answer 13 questions made by then person who tagged you, and make your own 13 questions!
4. Tag 13 deviants. Make sure they know they are tagged!
5. Don't say "You are tagged if you read this".
6. It is forbidden not to tag anyone.
7. No tagging back~
1. I started making wallets as a hobby that accidentally turned into my work, I was actually working in a primary school as a teaching assistant part time, and started leather work as well as tattooing (on synthetic practice skin) as hobby's.
2. I actually am a scientist. I read Biology at Degree level at Swansea university in the naughty's. i was really good at polar ecology and marine biology, go figure.
3. i had a collection of toy penguins as a child.
4. i have 2 cats, a maine coon and a bengal called Oakey and Misty after a certain pokemon 1st gen game.
5. i live in the UK in the shires like a hobbit.
6. i would like to move to america, a beautiful country, but then trump... enough said.
7.the most fun i've had interactively on DA has been working on pokesweet 2 spriting and making pictures for kruggsmash's phenomenal bad ass dwarf fortress channel. which you should check out if you have a humour gland, like fantasy, or have an imagination.
8. I enjoy my work but it is pretty intense, need to organize holiday time better.
9. i'm 34 i'm think... and cancer on the zodiac.
10.i just changed my hair to ash blond for fun yesterday, dont forget you,re purple/silver toner.
11. i read my kindle every night before bed.
12.i saw one of those black triangles over Bristol in 2015 on boxing day, sunset, while catching a train it was crazy. motionless, and no sound. bizarre. strange but true.
13. im currently making a sedum green roof on my shed, when not leather crafting and doodling. if i had more time i would like to write a fantasy novel, do a writing course.
questions i was asked:
01. What are three things you've done that you aren't proud of?
1.not used my degree for anything.didn't keep in contact with uni college friends/ family enough.3. i dont always finish projects, often sinking time into things and not following them through, often as i dont have any free time. so living under the rule of the clock is a regret.02. What got you into making art? (Doesn't really matter what it is, just any type of art in general)
= watching my dad who was trainIng as a cartoonist when i was a kid, he dabbled in lots of media, kids copy their parents.03. What do you do when you're bored?
google youtube, watch funny stuff, let's plays, and how to's, skill up and get ideas. go into the garden and work on it, or do the house work if i'm really bored. cleaning can be therapeutic.04. What's your favorite genre of music?
em. older indie music generally. and usually just their first two albums.eg foo fighters, radiohead, garbage, smashing pumpkins, pearl jam, vampire weekend, jimmy eat world, fountains of wayne, manic street preachers, stereophonics, hole, bran van 3000 for the track drinking in LA, modest mouse, MGMT, feeder, grimes, orbital, boards of canada, beck, Bjork etc..... 05. What was your first video game?
the first games i remember playing were amiga 500 and sega master system games, power strike, elite, canon fodder, dizzy, zool, shadow of the beast, ourun, pengunland and phantasy star.
06. How often do you use social media? (Facebook, Twitter, instagram, etc.)
I deleted facebook because it if vapid narcissism. I have a twitter account so i get updates on my youtube subscriptions conveniently filtered.07. If you could be anyone from the virtual world, who would you be?
i'm not sure, if i was in a final fantasy game it would be the red mage/beast tamer class.08. What gets you hyped?
unlocking potential and possibility and pushing at my boundary's,09. How well do you take jokes?
ok, situational really. it's nice make others laugh10. Everyone has/had a childhood hero. Who is/was yours?
adam heart and blue peter childrens tv presenters probably.11. Do you blame yourself for the smallest mistakes?
not really.12. What's the strangest thing you can think of?
eg,when people spend large amounts of money on cosmetics when if they worked less they wouldn't need to buy them.13. Who is the one that you can count on the most to help you?
my 13 questions
1.what was/is/used to be your day job and what are you working towards ?
2.if you could live in a fantasy realm, from any genre what would it be,
3. in said reality who would you be , what would your role in that society be or would you be a rogue outside the community ?
4. whats your favorite food?
5. what inspires your art the most ?
6. if there was a societal collapse would you be able to build yourself a shelter, and what would it be like ?
7.if there was a very bad solar storm and electronics, satellites and technology failed, what would you do instead of what you do now, or would you be able to continue what you are doing ?
8. whats the craziest conspiracy theory you have heard.
9. if you were taking your partner on holiday abroad where would you take them ?
10. if you were to do cosplay for an event what would you dress as.
11. funny childhood story
12. your favorite healthy snacks , mine = raisins/nuts/seeds.
13. if you could live to a 1000 what would you try to achieve.
responded to the questions and said :13 things about me ( I dunno if there are that many)1. I live in Willington, Connecticut in the United States.2. I work in a dog kennel and have worked here for 14 years now.3. I'm currently 30 years old.4. Huuuuge fan of Nintendo stuff5. I am currently taking care of a digimon that is 16 years old (in virtual pet time)6. I haven't shaved my beard in 8 months.7. I'm also rocking a ponytail..i'm a mess.8. I will eat anything.9. But I don't care for green peppers at all.10. I bought a plastic revolver at the dollar store the other day and took the orange tip off to make it more badass.11. I have almost zero friends in real life (which sounds bad but it's actually good!)12. I once saved a girl's life from an adult male rottweiler. (like, no kidding either)13. I am terrified of what will happen to me if this youtube thing doesn't work out.Questions I was asked:1.what was/is/used to be your day job and what are you working towards ?Already covered it I guess, lol. I have always worked in this dog kennel. It's my first job. I'm really hoping this youtube schtick gets to be something one day!2.if you could live in a fantasy realm, from any genre what would it be,Oh, boy. Definitely a fantasy universe. Anything medieval and lord of the ringsy would be amazing.3. in said reality who would you be , what would your role in that society be or would you be a rogue outside the community ?I would be an unremarkable dwarf who just wants to work but who keeps getting caught up in shit and who ends up finding people he likes (but would never tell them that)4. whats your favorite food?Seems like a simple question but it's not for me. It would depend on my mood, really. I could never pick one thing.5. what inspires your art the most ?Probably nickelodeon cartoon from the 90s? Hard to say what else, really.6. if there was a societal collapse would you be able to build yourself a shelter, and what would it be like ?Hrmm. Probably? I'd imagine i'd have a place waaaaaay far away from anything. Hidden and safe.7.if there was a very bad solar storm and electronics, satellites and technology failed, what would you do instead of what you do now, or would you be able to continue what you are doing ?As technology-reliant as I am, I think I could go with the flow easy enough. I'd probably be a woodcutter.8. whats the craziest conspiracy theory you have heard.I try to stay as far away from conspiracy theories as I can. In the end, what the hell can you even believe anyways?9. if you were taking your partner on holiday abroad where would you take them ?Cape Cod, Massachusetts10. if you were to do cosplay for an event what would you dress as.Barbarian. I actually have a costume I made out of old purses, leather jackets. There's pics up on my DA account, here.11. funny childhood storyJeez, I don't got anything funny I guess. Here's a neat one though. I used to think I saw the grim reaper at the end of my hall when I was trying to go to bed and I thought if I blinked or went under my covers it would speed up to me and get me. So I used to just try to stare at it until I eventually went to sleep. (That's goddamn awful, huh?)12. your favorite healthy snacks , mine = raisins/nuts/seeds.I frequently each, yogurt, granola bars, rice cakes and hummus all as a meal. 13. if you could live to a 1000 what would you try to achieve.Honestly, no idea. There's so many factors there. Does everyone I know live to be 1000? If it's just me, then it would be a very sad existence but I'd imagine you'd harden up after living though a few generations. Wouldn't I just become dead on the inside by the end of my own life? I don't think I could ever truly accomplish enough in a lifetime to satisfy myself.